The South Academy Boulevard Pavement Reconstruction will address aging pavement, curb and gutter, and improve drainage conveyance along the project corridor. The vision for this corridor is guided by past studies that helped define the need for infrastructure improvements (and community revitalization).
The City has hired AECOM Engineering to develop civil engineering construction plans for these needed improvements. Construction of the corridor will likely be phased into three different segments over the course of 24 months:
- Bijou Street to Airport Road
- East Fountain Boulevard to Hancock Expressway
- Hancock Expressway to Jet Wing Drive
The estimated cost to repair existing asphalt (18 lane miles), concrete and storm sewers: $36 million.
- Preliminary Design and Environmental Clearances Spring 2020
- Public Meeting: Anticipated date in Fall 2020
- Final Design and Plans: Summer 2021
- Construction start is estimated to begin 2022
City of Colorado Springs
City Project Manager
Public Involvement, Bachman pr
A public meeting for this project anticipated for the fall of 2020 will be posted here.
Public Meeting documents will also be available here at that time.